Consider entering the lovely honey or other products of the hive from your bees in this year’s Honey Show. Entries are due by 9:45 am in the OSU Room of the Pavilion. Judging begins at 10 am.
Please note that information earlier given in this post has been changed. The changes in categories are:
Honey Steward: Susan Rauchfuss
Judge: Marjie Ehry
Judge: Virginia Webb
Comb Honey – 3 lots of 3 rounds
Extracting Frames each class– 3 frames
All Other Honey – 3 pint jars
Extracted Honey – 3 Standard, Uniform 1 lb. honey jars
COMB HONEY: Class #1
1. Comb honey, any one variety (3 round section)
2. Comb honey, any one variety (3 square section)
3. Chunk honey in a jar, (3 wide mouth pint jars)
4. Full depth, any one variety (3 frames)
5 Shallow, any one variety (3 frames)
6. Western, any one variety (3 frames)
7. Semi, any one variety (3 frames)
EXTRACTED HONEY: Class #2
Extracted liquid honey 3 – 1 lb. queen line jars
11. Creamed Honey (3 pints jars)
BEESWAX: Class #3
17. Natural or Sun bleached 1 lb. (1 piece)
18. Beeswax candles, 100% beeswax 2-5 lbs. (dipped large single or several pairs)
19. Artistic beeswax, 100% beeswax. Entries can be several pieces, but must be fastened together. Entries can be different shades of wax, i.e., brood wax or capping wax. No artificial enhancements.
BEEKEEPING PHOTO: Class #4
Entries must be in an 8” x 10” black frame, subject matter: “The Joy of Beekeeping!” Use your imagination.
GIFT BASKET: CLASS #15
Must contain at least 5 honey and related bee products.